New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service - Level 3
(Cafe Service and Barista Strands)
Study free with us!
If you’ve done Level 2 and are keen to progress further in an area that is booming in New Zealand, then the New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service is for you.
You’ll learn café food prep and service skills, espresso skills, food safety, how to serve customers, and best practice hospo skills that could get you straight into a job.
The Level 3 Hospitality course includes
- Preparing and serving food and beverages in a café.
- Preparing a range of espresso beverages.
- Effective communication and professional behaviour in the workplace.
- Applying standard operating procedures to deal with problems in a hospitality environment.
2017 Intake dates
- 17 July
- 21 August
- 25 September
- 30 October
- 4 December
You can get help with paying for travel to and from your course. This can all be sorted through Student Support.
New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service (Cafe and Barista Strands) - Level 3
Get more info
20 weeks including 2 weeks of holiday.
If you are ready to study now, get in touch and we can get you started.
This course is offered at our North Shore (Auckland) and Christchurch campuses.
To enrol you will need to be:
- A NZ Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- 16 to 19 years of age before the start of the course.*
- Come and meet us and have a chat at the campus
- Prepared to study full-time for up to one year.
You will also need to complete an application form. These courses fill up quickly and spaces are available on a first-come first-served basis.
*15 year olds who hold Ministry-approved early exemption from their school may also be eligible. This exemption must be in place before the course starts.