New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy (Community Pharmacy Assistant) - Level 4
Enrolling now for August!
If you’d like to work in a retail role where you can help customers with their health and beauty needs then our new pharmacy based qualification is for you.
Our Community Pharmacy Assistant programme teaches you all of the skills you need to help customers with over-the-counter medicines, pharmacy products and services, as well as how to assist with health and beauty queries and products. You’ll gain the skills needed to provide non-dispensing support under the supervision of a pharmacist.
You will learn how to:
- Provide advice on over-the-counter health related products and services for minor health complaints and answer questions on health and beauty products
- Develop and practice personal presentation, customer service and communication skills for effective assistance in a pharmacy
- Carry out all retail roles within the pharmacy
- Develop skills to lead and support teams within the pharmacy
- Applicants should have successfully completed year 12 or equivalent as a guideline
- Applicants whose first language is not English require an IELTS score of 5.5 or NZQA approved equivalent
- New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy (Community Pharmacy Assistant) - Level 4
- New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy (Introduction to Pharmacy Practice) - Level 3
Get More Info
This qualification will enable you to work as a Community Pharmacy Assistant. It can also lead to roles at cosmetic beauty counters within department stores as well as stand-alone beauty stores. The qualification can also lead to employment in retail management, supervisory or non-dispensary health related roles.
2017 Intake Dates
- 21 August 2017
33 weeks including 3 weeks of holiday
This course is offered at our North Shore (Auckland) campus.
- Tuition fees: $4,800.00*
- Compulsory course costs: $150.00*
If you don’t think this qualification is right for you but you’re still interested in the Pharmacy industry, click here to find out more about the New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy Technician - Level 5.
Student loans and allowances are available through Studylink.